Monday, January 11, 2010

You Spin Me Round


Today I had my first pole dancing lesson. 

I fricking loved it!  There is something incredibly empowering about strutting around a shiny metal pole in a pair of killer heels to a catchy tune. 

I’ve always had an aptitude for dancing, been able to pick routines up easily and hear the beat in music.  Most of my dance experience is in Salsa and other latin styles.. but I have found a new passion. 

Quite frankly I don’t think I’ll be content until I’ve completely mastered it.  Today I learnt how to climb the pole and do a backwards shimmy style thing whilst up there. Amazingly good fun.  I want to be able to do spins and go upside down and other fancy things. 

But boy oh boy am I going to be sore tomorrow! Have got massive chaffing between my legs and I can feel muscles in my back going “Ahhh what have you done to me!”. Give me a few months and I’m going to have rock hard thighs!

Watching myself in the mirror tonight I felt energised, happy and incredibly sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment