Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Love Happy Endings.

I have been spending many nights in recently, which I am not overly unhappy about (truth be told I’d give my right arm to be out getting absolutely trashed and flirting inappropriately with boys this weekend) as I have managed to be saving my pennies for my perilous road trip in October.

And, with all this time on the cold winter evenings, I have been watching a lot of movies. Movies which I know have happy endings.

Ma doesn’t get it. She is always trying to get us to spend more time together, but when I suggest watching a lovely rom-com she complains that they are all the same and are predictable and suggests a movie which I will cry all the way through and where everybody dies. Blugh.

I like predictable.  When I go and see a movie I like knowing that the two leads will flirt, argue and fall out, only to be reunited at the end of the story in a smouldering embrace. A guaranteed happy ending, and I am guaranteed to come out with a smile on my face.  I like watching movies that I have already scene.  The most watched DVD in my collection is the Hugh Grant romantic comedy boxed set. 

Ma now REFUSES to watch a Hugh Grant film. Never mind the fact that I took her to Bridget Jones Diary and she loved it, and laughed all the way through.  When I offered to take her to Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason she refused because it had Hugh Grant in it and his movies are predictable. 

Well I would like to say “Thank You” to Hugh Grant, Katherine Heigl and all the other stars of chick flicks with providing me with unbelievable love stories and happy endings.   

PS. I say unbelievable because there is NO way Andie McDowall would have fallen in love with a man who wore slippers outside in Four Weddings and a Funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment