Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Waiting Game


Today’s blog is a bitch about boys. Don’t get me wrong, I love men and know from my loyal man-friends that there are brilliant ones out there. It just seems that the ones you are always interested in are douche-bags.

Actually, this is not a specific complaint about the male sex.  This goes for my female friends as well, some of whom are notorious for not responding to my invitations.

Why do people think it is better to completely ignore a request for drinks/date/social occasion of some kind rather than just saying “I don’t want to”?? There is nothing worse than waiting for a reply text/fb message etc.  Of course you could solve this by actually calling, but this Ginger does not like to use the phone. 

In my mind all of the following are better than no reply at all -

  • I’m shagging someone else, so can’t shag you, sorry
  • I just don’t fancy you anymore
  • I made really awesome plans, sorry I haven’t included you
  • I’m sorry I am sick/working/other semi-genuine reason

Oh, and don’t think I’m fooled by the “Oh we’re not doing anything this New Years” line, when shortly after there is pictures of on Facebook of you enjoying yourself at a party.  Please don’t insult my intelligence. Just say you made other plans.  It does not make me feel better, and if you don’t want to go out with me, please at least have the courtesy to make up an interesting excuse. Thank you.

Day 17 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment