Thursday, December 3, 2009

Underpaid & Understimulated


Currently I am stuck in a bit of a career rut.  I’ve been applying for lots of fabulous jobs and not hearing ANYTHING.  And whilst, its better than being on the dole.. I am really finding my current job frustrating.

The problem is, I am far too smart for it.  I am not dissing retail at all, I enjoy working in retail IF I am in management and have important responsibilities etc.  What do I currently do?  Other peoples shopping for them. 

As I walked around pushing my enormous trolley today and putting 7 cartons of long life Smart Buy Vanilla Custard (1 Litre) in a fat persons order, I had a little cry.  I am not cut out for a job where I don’t have to think.  I need to be stimulated, challenged, I need to feel like I am achieving something. All whilst earning a decent pay.  Not the same wage I was receiving when I was 18. 

Which is why I come home and I write here for you. 

(On an aside I am away this weekend without internet access until Sunday Night.  I’m going to try and schedule some blogs for tomorrow and Saturday so my daily posts are unaffected.  Wish me luck!) 

(PSS.. Just installed a visitor tracker and THRILLED to see I have had 21 visitors in the past day and a half, and I have only been 4 of those visitors!)

Day 18 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment