Thursday, January 28, 2010

The One A Myth?


Reading my RSS feeds today I came across an article entitled “Settle For Mr Second Best to be Happy”

Lori Cottileb has claimed that “The One” is a myth.  Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn’t.  But really, should you settle? Do I want to settle? Not really.  I don’t want to settle for someone and then spend the rest of my life thinking that there could be someone else out there.

I find myself wondering how many of my married friends got married for the sake of it.  I think at least some of them.  I know a lot of girls in relationships that are just in it because its easy.

I don’t want to be one of those girls.  I mean I’d like a boyfriend, but if it never happens I think I’d rather be alone than spend my life with someone I wasn’t passionate about.

Her book also says that you have to find the person you want in your twenties otherwise you’ll be lonely in your thirties.

Hmm.. so I’ve either got three years to find someone to marry or end up lonely and infertile.  Think it’s time for another glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment