Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tiger Eats Humble Pie


We are all aware of Tiger Woods televised apology to his family and the golfing community that was broadcast last week. 

I thought about this today while I was driving along this morning.  And I have a question for you Tiger..

Are you really sorry? Or are you just sorry you got caught?

Apologies often don’t have much meaning to them.  I apologise to my mother after an argument frequently when I don’t really mean it, I just do it to keep the peace.  I run into someone in the street, I apologise, but I don’t mean it.  What I am really saying is “Look where you are going dumb ass”.  How many times have we all said “I’m sorry but.. Insert something we don’t really want to do and are therefore making up an apologetic excuse here”

Did Tiger’s apology resolve anything? I think it is more likely to have brought the whole sordid affair once again to the forefront of peoples minds.  Did it garner him any respect? Perhaps.  Perhaps not. On the one hand, he declared to the world that he was sorry for betraying his family, which must have taken some guts.  On the other hand it doesn’t change the fact he is a dirty lying cheat.  

Tiger, do you really think that getting back on the path to Buddhism will refrain you from accepting the advances of young attractive buxom easy women?

I particularly enjoyed the part of his speech where he claimed that Elin never struck him, and shame on the world for thinking it.  I can assure you Tiger, that I was not thinking any less Elin.  In fact I applaud her.  If you were my husband, and I found out you had cheated on me with, how many was it? 12 women? A beating with a golf club would be the least of your worries.   

Oh and by the way crying red head on the news demanding an apology from Tiger – unless you have the IQ of a carrot you knew perfectly well he was married.  Shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment