Tuesday, March 9, 2010

International Women’s Day


International Women’s Day today. 

I found myself thinking, as I was attending a business woman's breakfast, that is men decided to hold an International Men’s Day there would be an UPROAR. 

I thought that it was just one of those touchy feely days, however some google research has shown that this day has been celebrated since 1910! Its origins are from Soviet days. But does anyone really care? Not really.

All I know is that because of International Woman’s Day I received a glass of champagne (well technically sparkling wine), eggs benedict and got to listen to a highly entertaining speaker. 

So I guess, well done to you Bolshevik gals.. I'll take any excuse for breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. UPROAR: there is an International Men's Day: http://www.international-mens-day.com/

    (make sure and put it on your calendar - November 19)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ginger,

    There are some IMD events in Queensland. Why not make one yourself and invite all the boys you know? They will probably appreciate you (really).

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete