Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Other People’s Children


Whilst I enjoy my job the vast majority of the time, there is one thing I am tired of.  Baby talk. 

It seems that all of the staff (apart from myself and 2 other girls) have all popped out kids not that long ago.  Hence our morning tea conversation is centred around children.

Which is ok some of the time, but lately it seems that there is ALOT of baby talk.  It’s not that I don’t enjoy the occasional baby.  There are some babies that I love very much.  What I dislike is pretending to be interested in other people’s children.  So your baby was crying all night?  That’s a shame, could you pass the milk? Your grandchild went on some birthday trip?  That’s nice, anyone feel like getting drunk this weekend?  No? Thought not. 

It’s like having to pretend to be interested in a cousin-that you haven’t seen for 15 years-wedding.  I feel like pulling a Blackadder and saying “Rats arse’s I have none to give”

Today a friend and colleague announced her pregnancy, which despite my rant pleases me and I am happy for her and her husband.  And she has promised to keep the baby talk to a minimum, which I shall hold you to Mrs N x

No comments:

Post a Comment