Monday, August 30, 2010

Kitchen Snobbery


My recent dietary revolution has left me irritable, tired and longing for the deliciousness of a symphony of E-numbers deep fried in delicious batter.  Then wrapped in pastry. And maybe battered again.  Then dipped in chocolate. 

What my diet has done is left me a finer appreciation of the food I love.  With countless celebrity chefs and the popularity of Masterchef, you may think that this is some fine sort of fancy food, fit to grace the television screens and appear on the glossy pages of a $49 cookbook. 

You would be mistaken.  Give me fish fingers, meat pies, steak, mashed potato and oh sweet lord give me some chicken nuggets any day of the week.  

They may be processed, refined and full of nastys, but they are delicious and I have rather come to despise the food snobs who look down their nose at me when they see me heartily devouring a cheeseburger. 

There was time long ago, when fish fingers and chips were considered a treat.  So please leave me be to enjoy my crumbed frozen meat in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment