Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Excess baggage

Bit melancholy today as I ponder what the future holds and what I am leaving behind.

But the thing that is bothering me most is that my suitcase is overweight. My carry on luggage is overweight, and heaven forbid that they check my handbag. Not to mention that I will be spending the next 23 hours looking like I am dressed for the Arctic.

In fact, this is what I will be wearing on the plane:

Blue Skinny Jeans.. not the most comfortable choice but need to be worn so I can in turn wear my knee high leather boots.

On top you’ll find me in crop bra + singlet vest + t-shirt + shirt + cardigan + scarf + Puffy coat.

Inside my coat pocket is my camera charger, a belt, my phone charger, and whatever else I can manage to shove in there without looking like I am packing some explosives.

Inside my handbag is full to bursting with heavy things like books and hard drives, and a selection of carry on cosmetics.

I have come to the conclusion that it is heavy work being a woman.

Heels – heavy, make up – heavy, toiletries – heavy, bras – not heavy but an absolute bitch to pack

But in 48 hours, I’ll be there and this crisis will be over, only for the next one to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment