Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Shopping

My mother always told me that men do not like shopping, so I was rather surprised when the boy suggested we go to Bluewater on the way back from Rochester.
After queuing on the motorway for 15 minutes to get to the Bluewater turnoff, I must admit I was worried whether the day would end in tears and tantrums (which it did, but only mine!). But it turns out that in fact, the boy likes to shop. And shop we did.
However, laden down with Christmas shopping a few hours later I had had enough of the crowds and loud music in shops. And though the boy wanted to keep going, I had a bit of a tantrum and demanded we go home (although this could have been due to a lingering hangover rather than shopping exhaustion).
For the most though, I do like Christmas shopping. To me there is absolutely nothing better than finding and buying presents for the people you love. However, there is a big challenge when you don’t know much about them (the in-laws), they live very far away (the parents), or they have very expensive taste (the boy).
So I have once again relied on my age old tradition – I will completely disregard what people want for Christmas, and just get them what I want to give them. Cause after all, that is what a Christmas present is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment