Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Domestic life


As I'm currently homeless I've been living at the boys house until we can find a little place of our own. Now, I shall tell you all about my dreams of eclectic kitchenware floral cushions soon enough, but for now let me tell you one thing.\

Being a housewife seems to be damned hard work.\

In return for essentially free rent, I've been keeping the house clean and doing other chores such as ironing for the lads. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining as I'm incredibly grateful (and I secretly enjoy it), but goodness me it is hard work! A house that 3 boys have occupied for years and that is not cleaned regularly is a mission. Especially trying to remove the 4 months worth of soap scum and limescale I'm trying to get off the shower glass.\

I've tried all the products in the cupboard but am now attempting an industrial foam that you leave to soak on the glass that apparently will just wipe clean. I hope it does because this shower has become my own personal challenge. I will not let this mouldy, scummy shower defeat me.\

Why? Because I am a domestic goddess.\

The thing that does secretly worry me about my newfound love of cleaning though is that it seems I have, as was possibly inevitable, turned into my mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment