Monday, February 20, 2012

The past few weeks


Hello readers, yes it's me! There is a very good chance that you have completely forgotten who I am by now, but I am thankfully in a place where I can write again.\

What a stressful and hectic few months I have had! Starting with returning to work after the Christmas break to find out that BAM, you're being made redundant. Cue afternoon of hysterical sobbing and panic about how I was going to end up destitute and homeless.

Thankfully, my phone did not stop ringing and I am now 3 weeks into a very interesting and challenging new job. However, being a new job I've been utterly exhausted after taking everything in.
Throw on top of this the fact that my lease was up on my place and I've been staying with the boy in a teeny tiny room until we can now find our own place.\

Is there anything more frustrating than househunting at the moment? The rental market actually has made me sit on my bed and cry on more than one occasion. It seriously should not be this hard to find somewhere to live! It's almost (but nowhere near really) enough to make me want to move back to Queensland where there are houses galore.\

And to add one more nail in the proverbial coffin, the arctic weather conditions have completely dried out my skin and turned it into a flaky, itchy, blotchy mess. Plus, the snow has almost ruined my boots.
So my lovely readers, you can see how I have not had time to write for you. But please know that I miss you and have been thinking about you often.\

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment