Monday, January 30, 2012

Grown Ups?


My lease recently expired at my flat in Fulham and I’ve, for the time being, moved into the boys house. It’s not an ideal situation, being that our room is now full to bursting, but we must embrace these trying circumstances.

So on Saturday night (being Dry January and all) we got into bed early to watch telly and I was tinkering away on my laptop when the boy started to giggle. Curious, I asked him what had tickled him and he just replied “look at us”.

Indeed I did look at us, and found the picture amusing indeed. There we were, on our first night of cohabitation, laying side by side in bed, computers on our laps looking at the fun our friends were posting online.

Yes, it seems that we have all of a sudden become old (a fact reinforced by our Sunday night reading in the bath). I’m not sure when it happened, and I’m not entirely displeased by it – but I feel that next weekend it is essential to do something frivolous and drunken to make up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment