Friday, June 21, 2013

Old friend recollections

Today is one of my best and oldest friends 30th birthday - and it does make me a little homesick cause I'm all the way on the other side of the world.

But, it has made me remeber lots of fun times, as optimistic teenagers when we would have sleepovers or be at the beach, talking about getting married and our weddings and what we imagine our lives would be like - as all teenage girls do.

It is funny how things don't turn out how you plan. She didn't get married to one of our former high school comrades in a surfing wedding (thank goodness!), and I certainly didn't marry my high school sweetheart (not that I even had one). But she did marry a wonderful man, and have a lovely baby girl. And I've found happieness in exploring the world and love in the most unlikely of places.

So I would like to tell the teenage us - things do always work out how they are supposed to in the end - and don't worry, in ten years you'll both have amazing boobs.

Happy birthday my darling friend - I miss you xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment