Wednesday, June 3, 2009

23 Years of “What Was I Thinking” Unpacked

Apologies my (few) dedicated followers for my lack of posting in the past few weeks. As many of you are aware I have been in the throes of moving house and FINALLY starting casual work. Many topics have been floating around in my head so this blog shall be an eclectic mix of my jumbled thoughts.

My new home is lovely.  Well, to be honest it is my parents home and as I am ridiculously poor since returning from London (ie. practically destitute) and I therefore must live under my parents rules. Which is fair enough if the rules are reasonable.  Not having ANYTHING out on the bathroom bench (toothbrush included) is not a reasonable rule.  Also, anyone who knows my family knows that we are collectors, horders and in general have a lot of stuff. In particular my mother has a lot of knick knacks, ornaments, antique glassware etc.  I am currently at breaking point with all the “Should this ugly china figurine of a dog go on this shelf or this shelf, or maybe on the Cadenza?” (note – still trying to establish what a Cadenza is).

But the biggest challenge of all has been sorting out all my worldly possessions.

After being out of the country for nearly 3 years I had literally no idea what was packed in my boxes.  It was like Christmas morning going through some of my lovely things however most boxes left me sitting in befuddlement over why the hell I have kept so much shit over the years. I’m talking Pez dispensers (which I just sold on eBay to someone sadder than me) McDonalds Happy Meals, birthday cards from people who I am STILL after days of contemplation struggling to recall who they are. And ditto of framed photo collages of people who I only have vague recollections of.

So a few things have been listed on eBay… most is going to the dump.  Which means now have an empty storage trunk just waiting to be filled again with more useless crap. Excellent.

PS. Very much enjoying reading my High School diaries. There is really only one word to describe me back then - “Loser”. Thank heavens I grew out of the awkward phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment