Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My New Happy Place


I have never been against paying taxes.  I mean, I use the roads, I appreciated the free health care I received when I was hospitalised with Glandular Fever. 

But I have never been overly thrilled with the general services that the local council have provided.  Playgrounds are all very well and good if you have children (which I don’t) or are a child (who don’t pay taxes anyway).  All the council funded sporting groups are good for athletic people (which I am not).  But there is one service which I will praise until I am out of breath.

The local Library is one of my new favourite places.  For a few simple reasons:

  • FREE Wi-Fi
  • FREE DVDs
  • FREE Books
  • Lots of sunny comfy armchairs where you can quietly enjoy the above.

During my “enforced career break” I have become a frequent user and I am grateful for the many hours of content entertainment that would have otherwise been mind numbing and soul destroying.  It’s not often that I use Secret Life to be positive about something.  But today I am.  Long live the local library. 

1 comment:

  1. The Library saves my life in London....otherwise the cost of buying books to read on cold, wet days in Winter or outside in the Sun in Summer would cripple me.

    ReplyDelete