Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sometimes a kick up the ass is justifiable

It is currently school holidays. I work in a shopping centre.

The amount of misbehaving, screaming, rude, disrespectful, selfish, loud children between the ages of 2 – 15 that are running around is making me want to stick my fingers in my ears and go to my happy place. 

Out for coffee with my girlfriend last week and a 3 year old was complaining, screaming and stamping his feet while his parents just sat there looking despondent.

Today whilst I was working, a young girl, probably about 4, screamed at her mother that she was stupid and threw a carrot at her.  If I had done this as a child (which would never happen as my Mother terrifies me and she’d still hit me at the age of 26 if I behaved like that) in a public place, my Mother would not have hesitated to grab my arm and give me a damn hard smack.  I would have cried. My lesson would have been learnt. And the whole unpleasant scenario would have been over in 5 minutes.  But, alas the brat continued screaming, the mother looked like she wanted to kill herself and everyone else in the general vicinity wanted to kill both of them. 

Obviously I am against child abuse, anyone who abuses a child is scary.  But these ridiculous laws where you are now not allowed to hit your child are bringing about a generation of children who do not have respect or discipline.  And quite frankly a law will not stop the adults who beat their children severely anyway.  A good kick up the ass never did me, or any of many people I have discussed this with, any harm. 

PS. 13 year old girls wearing hot pants and boob tubes.. IT’S JULY… the middle of fricking winter! Put some clothes on before you catch Swine Flu, or Herpes.

No comments:

Post a Comment