Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pac Man Munching Up The Workforces Time

I was enchanted with Google's recent Pac Man playable logo.  I spent much time on it, as did many millions of other people.

In fact, apparently we all spent 4,819,352 HOURS playing it causing $120,483,800 in productivity.*

I can see how it would ad up.  My general dissatisfaction with my job means that any distraction, no matter how minor is a highlight to my day. An email funny, text message from a boy, one of the upstairs staff walking downstairs carrying something.. it's all enough to have me drop what I am doing and spend 5-10 minutes happily interacting with whatever it is that distracted me.

I think it's one of the reasons I enjoy making tea so much.. it gets me away from my desk and into the lovely land of the kitchen where there is food and magazines.  And I venture a guess that I am not the only one who feels this way.

So I totally understand when Google, a site that many can legitimately go on at work without a warning being sent to HR creates a fun game that the global working population drops their press releases, statistics, sales analysis or marketing presentations and spends 5 minutes munching up dots and being chased by little monsters.

Bliss.
http://mashable.com/2010/05/25/google-pac-man/

No comments:

Post a Comment