Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Winter’s Truth


Winter is upon us (well us antipodeans anyway) and as a single woman this means one thing and one thing only.

My legs are hairy.

As far as I can see there are only three reasons to shave your legs. 1) If your legs are on display through short skirts, shorts etc. (no one likes seeing a hairy girl – this goes for armpits too) 2) If there is a man in your life who is likely to be touching them. 3) You are going out with the expectation that the evening will end in coitus.

As it is cold, my legs are no longer on display.  If I’m wearing a short skirt, I am wearing practical and warm tights, stockings or leggings.  I am not one of these foolish Queensland girls who prance around in July in short shorts and thongs.  Also, there is no man in my life at present to worry about pleasing and I stopped whoring around long ago, so there will be no unexpected fornication any time soon either.

As I showered this morning I looked down and realised that it had been at least 3 weeks since I had removed the hair on my legs.

And quite frankly, I don’t give a damn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment