Monday, October 4, 2010


I have never been under the misconception that I am drop dead gorgeous or the sort of girl that men on the street lust over.

However I do believe that a girl needs to make the best out of what God gave her, and that I scrub up fairly nice indeed when I can be bothered.

Which is why, I am currently on the verge of tears.  Apparently one in five women in their late twenties gets lumbered with adult acne. Lucky me (insert sarcastic tone here). My face has broken out in a variety of different spots on my forehead, jaw line, and down the side of my face all the way to my neck.. and let us not forget the multitude of spotty spots on my upper back.

My doctor has changed my pill and given me a prescription cream.  Which has given me a ginormous red itchy rash on my neck. My skin is dry, but putting anything on it burns like hell.

As hard as you try, it’s rather hard to leave the house feeling good when you have a red flaky splodge on your neck. Even yesterday the hairdresser diplomatically parted my hair to the right hand side so my hair disguised the worst of it. 

So readers, please feel free to offer me some advice (other than pro-active and drinking water, if one more person says that I’ll freaking punch them). Because I have had enough.

1 comment:

  1. For me usually, it's stress. So maybe try not to focus on it too much and it'll probably tame down a bit. And you're right, no one feels like hot stuff when they have a breakout/rash/etc.

    ReplyDelete