Sunday, November 21, 2010

Matrimony in the Monarchy


Earlier this week, Prince William announced his engagement to Kate Middleton.  Whilst this news comes as no surprise, I am slightly gleeful at the guarantee of another Royal Wedding.

Much to many of my workmates disgust I adore the royal family.  I love the grandeur and the mystery. The old-fashioned part of me enjoys that they still wear hats and gloves.

The history of the royal family reads better than any Mills & Boon and is full of more scandal, adultery, murder and skulduggery than a week on Bold and the Beautiful.

Unlike many people, I am enjoying all the women's magazines doing 12 page specials on the happy couple.  If anything it makes a damn nice change from reality TV stars. 

So to the future King and Queen of England I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

And a royal wedding may give me just the excuse I need for another trip to London…

No comments:

Post a Comment