Thursday, June 2, 2011

Crash & Burn

It’s quite funny how your mood can crash in an instant. Like mine randomly did this morning.

Walking to the station with Mr W I was happy and content. After all, not only did I get cuddles, but he brought me back postcards from his recent trip to Italy. However as we got on the train to Waterloo, him heading to work and me heading to job hunt, I crashed like a child after a sugar-fuelled birthday party.

It was all I could do to not burst into tears. Which would have been embarrassing. It was bad enough that I had my “worried, thinking face” on. The fact is, which is just ridiculous, that going to work with someone made it all the more aware that I do not have a job.

Whilst I can support myself jobless for a couple more months, the longer it goes the harder it will be. And as my readers will well be aware, unemployment does not suit me. Constant rejections from recruitment agencies and potential employers does get to you after awhile.

I know that I am awesome, talented, experienced and hard-working – it’s just a bitch trying to get other’s to realise that as well.

Combine this sudden dejection with mild home-sickness (particularly for my puppy), some lady-parts hormonal issues and a bad nights sleep and you get near tears on the train. Which, thanks to my Wayfarers, I managed to hide from the man well.

No comments:

Post a Comment