Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

I love Christmas wholeheartedly and every year delight in tinsel, lights and buying presents for the people I love.

However, it seems that this year in the office, the only person rockin’ around the Christmas tree is me. Or rather, I would if there was a christmas tree.  

But it seems not everyone shares my disappointment at the lack of tinsel. But to these people I’d like to make the following points.

Yes, the season has turned into a horribly commercial event, however if you manage to brush away the 3-4-2 promotions you will find what the holiday is all about! It’s about the people you love. It’s about goodwill to all men. It’s about tradition.

To me, there is nothing on earth better than putting on Bing Crosby’s Christmas Album, making mini Christmas puddings for my friends and wrapping presents for my loved ones. I like the strains of Silent Night to be played as I walk through the busy shops and I like to watch It’s a Wonderful Life and feel that there is a Clarence out there watching over me just like George Bailey.

Even if, unlike me, you don’t acknowledge the occasion as the celebration of a holy night, when stars were brightly shining (yes I’ve stolen lyrics from my favourite carol), you can surely at least acknowledge that it is a wonderful occasion to show the people you love just how much you love them.

I can’t wait to wake up on Christmas morning, not so I can stuff my face and open presents, but rather so I can see the boy’s face when he opens what I’ve bought him.

So, regardless of what anyone else might say, I’m going to continue to immerse myself in the season, and rock out to festive tunes on my iPod.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment