Thursday, April 12, 2012

Old School Charm

One thing I genuinely love is my readers, and I particularly enjoy it when my readers come up with a rather interesting blog topic. Hence this post. Many times in the past have Mrs N and I discussed our mutual love of handsome movie stars from a bygone era and yesterday I spent a good hour or so daydreaming about their raw sexual energy.

Their charisma and charm made young girls swoon and you can tell just by watching them that they were men, not boys. Men who could seduce women with their words and a simple glance rather than their looks.

Men like Cary Grant in The Philadelphia Story, quietly smouldering while Katharine Hepburn falls in love with him all over again.

Clark Gable in Gone With the Wind, grand passion and those immortal closing words.

Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke all dirty and sweaty with twinkly eyes.

Christopher Plummer as Captain Von Trapp (enough said).

Gregory Peck in Roman Holiday, leading Audrey Hepburn's naïve princess on a journey of discovery.
Cary Grant in anything quite frankly. 

These are men who (to quote my late Granny) could park their boots under my bed any day of the week, which is a lot more than I can say about today's leading men who leave me somewhat overwhelmed. (Notable exception of course being George Clooney who just oozes old school sex symbol.)  

So for your viewing pleasure... 

No comments:

Post a Comment