Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunny London Love

As our quest to purchase a house outside the M25 grows more serious every week I've found myself falling more in love with London. 

On Friday, the sun came out, it was warm, and I spent as much of the day outside as possible. Nowhere else  does propriety go out the window and it is suggested that you have your team meeting in the pub, because it's sunny, than London. 

And when it's sunny, London is glorious, people are happy, joyful and on an endless hunt for Pimms and Rekordling so they can drink outside. Being lucky enough to work by the river, I can sit endlessly marvelling how stunning St Pauls looks against the backdrop of a blue sky. 


Add to that the packed parks of people with bags of M&S, shoes kicked off and sitting on cardigans (because let's face it, we're not stupid - it could turn at any moment). 

And as I stood on the pavement outside our work local, with 200 odd others I remembered why I moved to the UK in the first place. Because it's full of quirky, unusual life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment