Friday, May 1, 2009

The Inspiration to be a Better Person

My good friend Saffa and her partner Darren recently gave birth to a beautiful little boy and have bestowed upon me the honour of Godmother.

This makes me super happy and also slightly terrified. I am now (theoretically anyway) responsible for the moral and spiritual upbringing of this innocent child.

I am the first to admit that I have not lived the most moral of lives. I have fluttered in and out of religion, praying as it suits me, rather than in daily thanks. I have been in many a drunken stupor where I have said things I shouldn’t have and done things I should really have not. I can be abrupt and offensive (even though I don’t always mean to be). In reflection of my life I wonder why Saffa chose me of all people.

But this gorgeous little boy has given me the inspiration to lead a slightly better life. To try and do good things that he, my other baby nephews and my friends would not be ashamed of, or that I wouldn’t want them to do themselves.

And that, I suppose, is all I can do.


p.s – experimenting with fonts and layouts on new Windows Live Writer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment