Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Around this time every year something wonderful happens. Not only do I turn another year older (and get showered with praise and affection), but all the shops become a twinkling delight of festive fun.  Novelty gifts are on display and the smell of mince pies is in the air.  That’s right… it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
This is by far my most favourite time of year.  Each year the  lead up to Christmas fills me with a childlike delight that surprises me with its intensity every year. I love the carols, the songs, the food, the tinsel, the decorations, the present buying, gift wrapping, Santa, EVERYTHING! 
But to be honest, one thing I’m now a huge fan of is Christmas Day.  It’s very overrated.  A day when you are forced to spend time with your family with whom you either spend every day with anyway or don’t see for an entire year.  Christmas lunch is always a bit bland and it’s always STUPIDLY hot.  So hot that all you want to do is sit on the couch in your underwear watching re-runs of Friends or The Simpsons (but the Christmas episodes naturally). 
I’ll deal with Christmas Day when it gets here.. but in the meantime it’s the season to be jolly, I hear those sleigh bells ring-a-ling and I’m going to dust off my santa’s helper outfit and fill up my novelty reindeer wine glass with Christmas Cheer!  Ho Ho Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment