Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Party Madness


Tonight is my company Christmas Party.  And I am completely baffled as to why the entire company is not super excited.  Yes it is on a Sunday night, but who cares.. it’s Christmas, you’re allowed to rock up to work hung over. It’s in Caloundra? So what.. car pool! You think it will be boring?  Well you’ve obviously never been to a Christmas Party!!!

I am good at Christmas parties. Ever since my first one at the tender age of 17 I have managed to do something silly at every Christmas party I have been too. Why? Because it is Christmas and damn it I am going to have a good time. 

Back in the days of The Natural Foodstore their open bar policy was a table of spirits for the taking.  Year one was a mere stumble down the driveway, year two was passed out in the Spa Bath, year three, well…, year four was sober after year three, year five was me cracking on to two underage boys.  Then I moves onto the real estate company I worked at for a few years. Where they had an awards night.. to which I got very drunk, was dancing on the tables and thoroughly shagged one of the sales people.  The Christmas party after that, I believe there is an amusing photo of me passed out in Santa’s chair and I clearly remember my also drunk boss patting my head and going “It’s ok”. 

Then there was Christmas parties in the UK, where  the first one I ordered myself a bottle of wine, flirted with a boy I had a crush on, then basically seduced him outside the pub. Which someone then filmed.

IMG_1666And the last Christmas party I had, at my old television company, at  a swanky hotel, where they didn’t feed us for hours and Dave and I were smashed by the time starters came around.  I then danced my ass off and stumbled onto the IT Manager and told him I thought I might spew. Only to be carried home in a taxi by my lovely friends.. who somehow remembered where I lived, as I surely didn’t. 

So am very looking forward to tonight's festive exploits.  It’s supposedly fancy dress so have my obligatory slutty outfit all ready to go, and considering as of a week I no longer work there, can embarrass myself and not have it matter at all!

Ho Ho Ho! And hooray for Christmas parties!!

Photos: Passed out at after Dinner at ER Christmas Party, London 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment