Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa Loves All Kids, Even Ginger Ones


There is currently some uproar in the UK over a Christmas Card at Tesco saying “Santa Loves All Kids, Even Ginger Ones”. 

Someone complained that it is racist. And you know what.. I partly agree. It seems that ginger is the only group of people you are allowed to make fun of these days.  You can’t make jokes about terrorists, Muslims, Black People, Asian people or any ethnicity for that matter without being branded a racist bla bla bla.. It’s rude to poke fun at disabled people and fat people. 

As a proud (and attractive) ginger I find it disgraceful that we are teased to such an extent just because we have red hair, freckles and pale skin.  I have been called Ginga, Daywalker, Ginge, Aunty Ginge etc etc.  The ex used to sometimes refer to me as “Rusty Crutch”.  But you know what. I don’t mind because it makes me different.  It makes me unique.  I love that there are so few of us gingers around. But I’m also very pleased I’m not an ugly ginger. 

But should this Christmas Card have been withdrawn from sale because of this “Ginger Whinger” (as the UK press have dubbed her).  I say NO. It’s fricking hilarious!  I wish I had one that I could frame and put on my wall. 

The world would be a much less stressful place if people stopped being so politically correct all the time.

As a member of the United Trust of Good Looking Ginger People, I would like to encourage you all to do your bit for World Peace and join in International Hug A Ginger Day tomorrow. 

I promise, you won’t catch gingivitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment