Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day


Australia Day - a
day where we commemorate the first settlement of Australia.  Where we celebrate all things Australian.

To be honest, I wish I was more patriotic. Because I’m not. I enjoy a national day of celebration but as I looked at a beer garden full of drunk bogans chanting Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie I thought. BLUGH. 

As I live in a free country I am going to tell you what I don’t love about Australia.

  • Australians cockiness when it comes to sporting event. I actually like it when we lose.
  • Australians who have never left the country proclaiming that we are the greatest county in the world.  If you have seen some of the world, you are in a valid position to make this claim. If you have not been further away than Hamilton Island that you are not.
  • The heat and the hot hot sun. Makes the months from November – March unbearable to go outside.
  • Pollen. There is too many evil pollens and grasses that make me sneeze and itch.
  • The millions of insects that insist on biting me and then make me itch. 

Happy Australia Day

No comments:

Post a Comment