Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Night Out With Lily


Last night I went and saw Lily Allen live at the Brisbane Riverstage. 

I enjoy live music.  Actually, I enjoy any excuse for an evening out but an evening out with live music and a stage always puts me in a good mood.

I’m quite a big Lily Allen fan.  Her latest album, “It’s Not Me, It’s You” is full of songs that when I first heard them spoke directly to my then broken and aching heart.  They made me feel a little bit better. I could sing “Fuck You” and “since you’ve been gone I’ve lost that chip off my shoulder” and felt like I was expressing my inner thoughts. So I enjoyed myself last night.

What I don't enjoy is pop stars (in fact celebrity’s in general) need to express their political views.  Whilst I love Lily’s music, her opinions on America, The Taliban and the War on Terror mean diddly-squat to me. 

Despite this I still had a very enjoyable evening, heightened by frequently casting my eyes toward (from a considerable distance anyway) the hot drummer. It seems to be an unspoken rule that drummers are attractive.

So my overall opinion is that Lily provides a good cheerful night out (although maybe not quite $93 worth of a night out).  I’ll sign off today with one of my favourite verses of a song ever, which I think all young women can relate too..

“So I lie here in the wet patch in the middle of the bed, I’m feeling pretty damn hard by I spent ages giving head”

So True…

No comments:

Post a Comment