Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Fine Line of Friendship


I’ve been in a bit of a dilemma recently. 

There is a line in friendships which sometimes you just have to cross. And this is the line between keeping your mouth shut and speaking up.

Those who know me personally know that I have never been one for the ‘keeping your mouth shut’ option and I’ve been known to put my foot in my mouth on many an occasion and say things out of place.

But sometimes it is called for. When you have a friend that you love like family and you see them doing things detrimental to their well-being, whether it be emotionally or physically, then I think it is your responsibility as a friend to tell them to quit being a dumbass.

I think that perhaps I’d rather be unpopular for awhile then sit back and watch something that is clearly not on.

No comments:

Post a Comment