Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yo Ho Ho & A Bottle of Wine.. A City Life For Me


I have discovered that I am a city girl.

I was recently in Sydney for a weekend away, and found myself almost frothing at the mouth at the excitement, dirtiness, shopping, people and general hustle and bustle of a big city.

I realised how very much I have missed endless starbucks, popping into the shops on your lunch break, and the small thrill you get fighting for a seat on the train with the morning commuters and the elation when you beat the immaculately dressed woman in Louboutins to the last seat on the carriage – forcing her to stand for 40 minutes in painful heels.

But what’s a girl to do?  Financially I have to stay put for the time being. I will soon be debt free, which gives me more options but then what?  After being out of work for so long, for credibility’s sake I must stay with my job for at least a year. Which is fine, it’s a good job and pays well – however it’s based in the house in the middle of nowheresville which is just a little bit dull.

I feel that perhaps I am one of those people for whom the grass will always be greener.  I need to put down some roots somewhere, but nowhere seems quite right. Add to that the pressure that my parents are putting on me to buy a house, or to just DO SOMETHING and I’m heading towards Grumpy Town.

There’s nothing much to do I suppose but Keep Calm and Carry On, drink more wine and buy more shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment