Monday, August 2, 2010

Glasses


Today I took another inevitable step into adulthood.

I have my very first pair of glasses.

Having squinted at my computer screen for the last few years I went and got my eyes tested. The optometrist was a rather handsome young man who I flirted with very badly until I had to concentrate on what he was saying rather then the image of him having his way with me in the optometrist's chair. 

One thing led to another and I got a prescription for some computer and reading spectacles.  They are, according to my best mate Hawkeye, “thick and geeky and cool looking”. 

I’m rather pleased with them and with them on I feel I can write highly intellectual prose that will delight all.  Almost like I have a secret identity. 

Now.. to work out what my superpower will be…

No comments:

Post a Comment