Friday, August 20, 2010

Hot Winters Day


Today is a hot August day.  Which for us Antipodes is unusual.  It's been quite a chilly winter for us here in Queensland, and then BAM all of a sudden it's 27 degrees. 

Needless to say I am not coping well, and sitting at my desk with a fan blowing cool air onto my slightly sweaty skin. 

However this change of atmosphere has effected myself and my colleagues (well some of them) in another way entirely.  It has made it it feel like the last day of school.  We all know that we have to be here, but the sunshine is calling and why aren't we all in the garden having a water-bomb fight or drinking on the verandah of a pleasant country pub? 

The weather, clearly has gone to my head.  I'm daydreaming of Pimms and lemonade, floral dresses and fabulous hats.  Of swimming in the clear blue sea and admiring all the young men who deem it appropriate to walk around practically naked (not that this young lady is complaining).  

Silly really, seeing as I know that for me, Summer means sweat, sleepless nights, sunburn, the constant search for shade and sitting in a dark room with the air-con blazing in my knickers watching daytime telly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment