Monday, January 3, 2011

A Letter to London


Dear London,

There are days when I can’t imagine why I love you.  Every time I see a puddle of festive sick on the street I’m reminded of just how dirty, smelly and overcrowded you really are.

When I get ignored at the checkout, or knocked over on the tube escalator (to be fair, I WAS standing on the left), or when I just clutch my belongs and hide my face as a thousand busy shoppers jostle me on Oxford Street I wonder why I even came back.

And then a steel drum band starts playing a Christmas Carol, a man walks past in a bow tie and top hat, a friend rings to say “pub time” , I walk into H&M and see the glistening lights of the West End and I remember why you always hold a special place in my heart.

You are eternally vibrant, even on your darkest days and you’re always ticking even when there’s tube delays.

Even though London, you are the worst place to be on your dark days, you can always bring me out of it.  You are my city of firsts and you will eternally hold a special place in my heart.

Yours Faithfully,

Miss G x

No comments:

Post a Comment