Monday, February 21, 2011

Fashion Week


London Fashion Week and I have been devouring each Topshop e-bulletin with a passionate desire not felt since I was last in the bedroom of a handsome man.

I’ve never been hugely into fashion, rather just going for what suits me and what I like. But for some reason, at the moment, I just can’t get enough.

Perhaps because much of “what’s in” for once, actually suits my body shape. And the colours that are gracing the shelves of our stores actually complement my fair complexion.

Whatever the reason, I want playsuits, floppy hats, wooden platform shoes, floral blouses and micro shorts. Or rather, I’m daydreaming of the day my black-woman bottom will fit into a pair of micro shorts.  Hell I even want to go out and get new nail polishes in this seasons colours.

But I can’t. Because I’m saving for my future. And there is literally no room in my overstuffed wardrobe for any new purchases.

I console myself with the thought though, that one day, not very far away, I will be able to go to Topshop and play with clothes until my heart is content.

No comments:

Post a Comment