Thursday, March 17, 2011

All by myself.. and loving it


I have a beautiful friend, who at the age of 22 has not once been to the movies by herself.

Slightly baffled I questioned her about this and she said it would just be weird. WHAT? Never! Going to the movies on your own is good for the soul and it troubles me that there are so many people who can’t go out in public to spend some quality time with just themselves.  

I love to go to the movies on my own, you have the freedom to see what you want, when you want (even if it is High School Musical 3 on a Friday night – don’t judge me), you can relax in your own thoughts and you don’t have to make any polite conversation.

And more importantly, when you end up in tears after a particularly happy ending to a particularly cheesy love story, you don’t have to pretend to “have allergies” to the person sitting next to you.  

So I set my young friend a challenge.. within the next three months she has to go to a movie on her own. A challenge which she has accepted, with many a woeful “I’ll be so embarrassed”.  Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment