Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Counting the sleeps

When we are younger, we eagerly count down the sleeps until Christmas, Birthdays, Easter etc. And why not? They are exciting events and worth looking forward to!

But as we get older, we stop.  I’m not sure why, but I think it adds to the excitement. I love knowing that when I go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow, I'll be one day closer.

I’m so excited that I’m nearly peeing my pants, and raised eyebrows be damned, I’ll count down the sleeps if I want.

3 = the number of sleeps until work is finished and I am officially unemployed

9 = the number of sleeps left until I fly off on my new adventure on the other side of the world

17 = the number of sleeps left until a very special reunion

In the world of emoticons, I’m colon + capital d. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment