Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Talk

When one enters a new relationship, eventually “The Talk” must be had. It’s always a bit nerve racking having to bring it up, but sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the horns and do it.

So on Friday, I met Mr W (I’m still trying to think of a good blog name for him) for an evening in town, and after a few cocktails, we had the conversation I was dreading.

As a writer, I’ve always found it easy to express myself on paper (or any form of written communication), but when it comes to face-to-face interaction, the tendency to freeze up and be irrational often overcomes me. Perhaps it was the social lubricant of 2-4-1 cocktails, or perhaps it’s because he is someone I am completely comfortable and can be myself with, but the talk was easy.

Turns out we are pretty much on the same page, and we promised to not be assholes to each other.  I’ll keep you posted x

No comments:

Post a Comment