Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A case of the Man-Flu

After a string of rather gloomy posts from yours truly I’d like to bring this blog back to its traditional light-hearted commentary of unimportant things.

I’m feeling rather guilty to be honest, for a reason that I will share with you today. I’ve had a lingering cold the past few days and I’m afraid to say I’ve given it to the boy, who has now officially got the Man Flu.

Really, I should have refrained from being in his personal space when my nose was running like a leaky tap. But selfishly, I was unable to resist his delicious kisses and cuddles. After all, they made me feel better and forget that I was feeling under the weather.

But alas, on Monday morning, after a weekend of tender loving care from the boy, he woke up with a sore throat and feeling a bit snuffly. The dreaded man flu had arrived. As we all know, the male species don’t cope very well with the common cold, and he has been rather grumberly with me since. My natural womanly instincts now want to go over there with tissues, Lemsip and chicken soup to make him feel better – partially because I need him on good form the next few weeks for the many festive activities I have planned for us.

So get better soon mister, I need you at 100% for our Christmas adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment