Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Resolutions

It’s that time of year again, the time when we all make many promises to ourselves about how we will improve our lives across the course of the next year. All too frequently however, by week 2 we have already succumbed to failure. Not this year!

This year I’ve created 8 realistic (I hope) new year’s resolutions that I hope to see through until at least March anyway!

So what will my New Year’s Resolutions be in 2012?  

Save as much money as I can – as I’ve mentioned before, scary times ahead and all that. Plus I want a house. And potentially a baby, or a Mulberry handbag. All of which are very expensive. 


Write more – something I say I will do frequently, and consistently fail at. I will finish my journalism course, and I will dedicate more time to you my lovely readers! Especially as I will be going out less due to New Year’s Resolution #1 

3.       I will be less selfish in the bedroom. I shan’t be explicit about what this will involve, as my father sometimes reads this blog.

4.       Eat better things – to give myself a healthy, energetic body that isn’t fat. No one wants to have a muffin top after all. And to help combat that I suppose I’ll need to…

5.       Exercise more. The eternal resolution, on my list every year for as long as I can remember. Perhaps this will be the year that I stick to it. As I get older, the weight is harder to shift. And I can’t afford to buy new clothes.

6.       Try more new foodstuffs. In 2011 I tried salmon, oxtail, venison, cods cheeks, cauliflower cheese and more foods I’ve refrained from eating. I’ve experimented more with spicy foods and currys. I’m on my way to being a foodie. Right now I class myself as a “food enthusiast”. Here’s to another year of more interesting food!

7.       Explore. I will get out and about into new areas of this fantastic city. I will explore it’s thousands of years of history and I will go to places I’ve never been to before.

8.       Play. I will continue to run through fields, dance, play scrabble, and partake in the many other games the boy and I make up (and they’re not all dirty). After all, a childlike enthusiasm for life makes you see the joy in even the dreary.

All in all, I think that these resolutions will make for a very fulfilled 2012. Huzzah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment