Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pondering the future


I don’t often like to comment on political manners. I was brought up to believe that it’s bad manners to talk about politics and religion in public.

Today’s strikes have got me pondering the current state of the economy and the government, and I find the whole thing very scary. 

We are so used to being in the “I want, I get” generation, with endless credit facilities, rapid job progression and the world being at your fingertips. 

Perhaps a return to post war values would do us all the world of good. Eat what’s on your plate, make do and mend, save up for the things you really want instead of getting credit, be grateful for what you have rather than always wanting more.

Today has reaffirmed to me that I need to take my future into my own hands. 2012 is going to be the year of living sensibly. I’m not going to spend frivolously, I’m not going to be wasteful. Instead I will buy only what I need, work hard in the job I am grateful to have, put money aside for the future and not waste food.

Or at least, that is my very good intention anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment