Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What Summer Means to Me

I am well and truly assimilated into London lifestyle. 

I know this because at the very first hint of a warm day and blue sky, I have put on my sunscreen and a long summer dress, eagerly anticipating an hour of sunshine on my lunch break. 

Londoner's are certainly happy at the prospect of summer, and I have even chosen to turn my nose away from that hideous "London Smell" the city gets when it is hot.

However the thing I think that I am most happy about, and perhaps the thing that makes me most Australian, is that I get to wear my pluggers. Oh yes, my faithful thongs (not flip flops, THONGS), are adorning my feet once again. 

I can almost hear my feet singing in celebration "we're free! we're free!". Enjoy it while it lasts dear feet, I fear that summer will be short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment