Friday, March 13, 2009

Facebook - The Constant Reminder That Everyone is Having More Fun Than Me

I love Facebook. I do, really. Well I Did.

Recently it has just become a constant reminder that all my friends are doing one of the following

  • They are "No Longer Listed as Single" to remind me that I am single
  • They are "Now listed as Married/Engaged" to remind me that I am single
  • Use their status to announce they are pregnant / have just had child to remind me that I am single
  • They use their status to say that they don't want to go to work or that they are bored with their day to remind my that I am unemployed
  • They use their status to say "Hooray it's Friday" to remind me that I am unemployed and that every day is Friday

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am not happy for my 318 friends who's lives seem to be progressing. I just wish that I had something exciting to report to. Or that quite a few more "No longer listed as In A Relationships" pop up in my newsfeed...

2 comments:

  1. Aww Kimmy!
    I wish I was at home not working!
    Grass is always greener.
    Chin up soldier! ;)

    See you in oh 6 months when I'm in the same boat (and loving it!)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. But don't you also feel for the people that have to change their relationship status from "In a Relationship" to "Single"? Sad days....you have to stay up to a time when you think the least amount of your friends are going to be on the dreaded Book of Face so they don't see the news go out.

    ReplyDelete