Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Global Financial Crisis

Stupid Financial Crisis. On the news yesterday they announced that apparently there has been a 40% drop in advertised jobs in Australia. AWESOME. Just what a disheartened unemployed person needs to hear.

I can't see how it is fair. I work hard, I think my intellegence is slightly above normal. I apply for lots of jobs a day. But now I also have the brilliant news that 200+ people are applying for every position advertised. Therefore chances of receiving a phone call for a job intereview = zero.

Not only that but because I am unemployed at the moment and also was working in London last year and therefore did not file a tax return I am not entitled to K-Rudd's economic stimulus package.

So news networks.. you know what? Stop reporting all the doom and gloom. I dont want to hear it! I want to hear that something good is happening in the world. ANYTHING good to distract me momentarily from the fact that I am watching bad daytime television again like at University.

Humpf.

No comments:

Post a Comment