Friday, November 20, 2009

You Don’t Like Me? Hmm.. I’m Afraid I Don’t Care

I have been in a particularly irritable mood the past few days, and whilst I will blame this on hormones the truth is, if I am honest with you (and if you can’t be in honest in a blog what’s the point in writing one?) I’m often grumpy, even when I’m in a good mood.

At work this yesterday morning I got very pissed off with one of my colleagues, who’s clear disdain for me is making my work life miserable.  For months and months she has bitched about me, saying I am only getting the extra work etc because I am friends with the bosses. I am friends with the bosses. One of them is one of my new BFFs, but this came after I got more shifts than her. 

If I was in an ACME cartoon, my face would be red and steam would be coming out of my ears, every time she mentions “favourites”.  Heaven forbid I’m good at my job!   Yesterday I was so worked up by her I actually had a little cry. 

But to be perfectly honest, whilst she drives me insane, her opinion of me matters very little.  I am younger and prettier, better at my job and have my whole life ahead of me, whilst hers is unquestionably probably half over.

There should not be this stigma that we have to be friends with everyone we know, that we have to like them and get along.  The world would be a very boring place (albeit more peaceful) if we did.  Without conflict in relationships and in the workplace, what on earth would people have a good bitch about over a bottle of wine?

DAY/POST 5 of 365

1 comment:

  1. Hey came across your writing. Very entertaining

    ReplyDelete