Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions


New Years Resolutions.  Made in good faith this time every year and destined to be broken by February.

My list is similar each year and somewhat resembles one of my favourite heroine Bridget Jones’.  Each year I fail miserably.  It was on the news just the other day that it is pointless to make them because 90% of people don’t stick to them. 

2010 is looking like a promising year for me so my resolutions this year are going to reflect my new full and happy life.

1. Lose a bit of weight.  Which was successfully achieved during 2009, however have put it all back on again during the birthday/Christmas festiveness.

2. I would like to complete the Beginners Italian CD course that I purchased on a New Years resolution whim in 2005. 

3. I will astound my new bosses in my job, and strive to do my very best at all times. Even when hung over and all want to do it crawl under desk with a pillow.  I will not be lazy and avoid doing work by doing tea rounds, but tackle everything head on.  After a year on unemployment and working in a supermarket I will not complain about having a lovely office job ever again.

4. I will stop letting men sleep with me whenever they want and instead try this “hard to get” business I hear so much about. 

5. I will try and eat more fruits and vegetables. This is on the list every year and every year I fail because I just don’t like them. Broccoli – Blugh!

6. I will move out of my parents home.  As it is just depressing to be living at home at the age of 27.  This will also lead to family relations improving, stress levels decreasing and an improvement in my love life. 

7. I will make more of an effort to catch up with friends, instead of idly laying in bed watching DVD’s and moaning about being bored.

8. I will spend less time on facebook and on my computer farting around, unless I am actually doing something productive like writing for the blog or writing my book. 

9. I will save all my pennies to enable travel to the UK to visit my lovely London family.

10. I will not sulk about being single, but develop inner pose and authority and sense of self as woman of substance, complete without man, as best way to obtain man*

Auld Land Syme!

*This is stolen directly from Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding.  I think this is one of my favourite resolutions of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment