Saturday, January 16, 2010

Only In America


I very much enjoy reading my RSS feeds.  My favourite is the weird news stories subscription I have through news.com.au.  Today I laughed at out loud at someone else's misfortune and thought to myself “Only in America”.

Apparently a woman in New York is suing a Scandinavian themed Manhattan restaurant because A stuffed moose fell on her.

I do not get the fascination with American’s suing people.  Whatever happened to “Shit Happens?”.  Sometime life just wants to take the piss and drop a 68 kilo Moose on your head. 

The woman is claiming that she lost cognitive skills, suffered neck pain, dizziness, anxiety and embarrassment.  What a load of codswallop.  She got a bump on the head, which would have knocked her around a bit for a day or two.  Suing for embarrassment?  Well in that case I better go and sue the street, because it made me fall over the other day.  Oh and I better sue the wind for blowing my skirt up so everyone could see my novelty “Hello Sailor!” knickers.

This was an ACCIDENT.  And if Americans want to improve their global reputation they should quit suing each other over such menial things, then we’d have one less thing to laugh about.

No comments:

Post a Comment